So, I've saw their unbelievable offer for the shared hosting: for 10 years all you pay is 1,6$/month. 'What the hell!' ... I was thinking, 200$ is not that much, I pay once and all I do after is relax for 10 years, when I'll have to pay again :) ... it wasn't so.
A month passed with no problem, the month when I could cancel the account and get my money back, obviously. After that, they started to suspend my account. Teh reason was the same every time: you reached 2% of the server's resources and we suspended your account, according to the TOS:
- Please notice that nobody knows the shared server's specifications
- And please notice that the Cpanel doesn't show you how much your scripts are taking from CPU, RAM etc.
- Also, please think a little and answer this: Wouldn't be more corect to just place a .htaccess to block the folder/site/file that's loading the server instead of blocking an entire account?!?
So, this happened 4 times, every month one time. I've deleted 2 scripts, made modifications to other 2 php files, got my account online again.
- Please be aware that the support doesn't actually exist and many times I was talking like a stupid with the chat bot.
- Also, many times nobody is supervising the servers, since the chat support dudes told me that the server administrator is not there to re-enable my account, even though I made the changes to the scripts in time (so they'll consume less).
A few days ago, I received an email from them telling me
"This email is to notify you that we are putting an end to the hostingagreement you have subscribed for at iWeb Technologies.The recurring problems caused by your account have been causing issueson the server you are hosted on - even after multiple notifications and suspensions."
And my account got blocked again, this time for good.
- Please remember that I've paid for ten (10) years and only used half year... obviously, those money are lost for me.
So now I'm looking for a dedicated server to rent. Wtf, it will be mine to load with whatever I want. Of course, not from Iweb. I'm still undecided what company should I choose, maybe you can give any suggestins to me.
Conclusion: this type of web hosting is a very good business. Just find 2000-3000 stupids like me to pay in advance for 10 years, then you're rich. Wtf, you can even start a serious web hosting company, but .. hey... why do this? Probably there'll be another 2000-3000 somewhere else waiting to get scammed by iweb, so lets just continue with this type of scam.
Of course, now it seems suspicious that other companies are ofering the same services but with 5-8 times the price iweb.com is asking... but the, when I paid fopr those 10 years, I was only thinking about the 'good deal' I made - isn't it ironic?
Anyway, what I'm hoping with this blog is to share my experience to as much as possible webmasters in search of a host. Hopefully, most of them will read what happen to me and will stay away from iweb.
Thank you for reading this!
Btw, if you're looking for some free site content to fill your empty pages, take a look here: http://portal.romanesc.googlepages.com/